What We're Doing
West Seattle Bike connection was founded as a volunteer community organization to give West Seattle a stronger voice in Seattle’s Bicycle Master Plan Update in 2013-14. Their mission is to provide advocacy and assistance for those traveling by bicycle to, from, and around West Seattle.
We provide a voice. We’re your voice. But we need your input. Do you want safer streets and paths for riding a bike around Seattle? So do we! Do you want to help alleviate traffic congestion? We do too.
Do you want greenways parallel to 35th Ave SW? Get involved with our top 2016 priority for District 1!
What We've Done
West Seattle Bike Connections has contributed to multiple successes to date, including:
- Adding and improving West Seattle, SODO and South Park routes mapped in the 2014 Seattle Bicycle Master Plan Update.
- Neighborhood Parks & Streets Fund Grants for crosswalk and trail improvements at 11th SW & SW Holden, California SW & SW Juneau; Delridge Way SW at Boren School; and Alki Trail near SW Spokane Street.
- 35th Ave SW Safety Corridor project.
- WS Bridge Trail vegetation maintainance, first by us in work parties, then by the responsible agencies.
- East Marginal Way S bike safety and paving improvements.
- Chelan 5-way intersection improvements for bike crossing.
- South Park protected bike lane on Portland Ave S.
- Truck & Bike Safety Fair with Port of Seattle, BNSF, SDOT.
- Bike Rodeos and family rides including the West Seattle STP.
- Bike Clubs at Denny MS and Chief Sealth HS
- Crowd sourced mapping: We scouted and identified a crowd-sourced map of important walking and biking routes (see map below – which is now out of date).
View Delridge in a larger map
Solid Green Line: Completed Greenway
Translucent Green: In progress/Greenway Funded
Red: Priority 1 Greenways to build next
Red Pin: Priority 1 intersections to build next
Narrow Purple Lines: Potential Greenway Routes (subject to change)
Purple Points: Potential Greenway intersection treatments
Wide Blue Lines: Cycle tracks and other expensive Low Stress infrastructure recommended