How To Get Involved
University Greenways believes in the vision of a vibrant, thriving University District where everyone can walk and bike safely and comfortably within our community and to adjoining neighborhoods.
They aim to:
- Strengthen the U-District's commercial core,
- Support the residential neighborhoods,
- make the University of Washington more competitive.
You can also follow us online:
What We're Doing
Map can be found here: http://seattlegreenways.org/neighborhoods/university-district/
Do you want to create dignified walk/bike crossings of I-5? Get involved with our top 2016 priority for District 4!
What We've Done
University District Greenways has contributed to the following successes:
- We were instrumental in creating the 12th Ave neighborhood greenway.
- We did significant work to change what was planned to just be a routine repaving of Roosevelt Way NE into a true complete streets project that makes improvements for people walking and biking.
- Crowd sourced mapping: We scouted and identified a crowd-sourced map of important walking and biking routes (see map below – which is now out of date).
View U-District Greenways in a larger map
Solid Green: Completed greenway (Label: "Completed", 100% opacity, 10pt line)
Translucent Green: Greenways funded/under construction (Label: "In progress", 45% opacity, 10pt line)
Red: Priority 1 greenway to build next (Label:"P1", 45% opacity, 10pt line)
Red Pin: Priority 1 intersection treatments to build next (Labeled "P1")
Narrow Purple Lines: Potential Greenway Routes (subject to change and duplication, 45% opacity, 5 pt)
Purple Points: Potential Greenway intersection treatments
Wide Blue Lines: Cycle tracks and other expensive infrastructure (45% opacity, 10pt line)