November 6, 2015
Wow! Your hard work paid off! We passed the Move Seattle Levy with 58% of the vote! Thank you!
The future of living in Seattle suddenly seems a lot more hopeful.
Seattle will be able to repair bridges, repave roads, and replace broken signals and signs. Important as it is to maintain the infrastructure we have, your local action helped to pass a nearly billion dollar transportation levy because you are also ready to transform Seattle streets!
Over the next nine years, we now have the funding to build half of the Bicycle Master Plan and build or repair nearly 500 blocks of sidewalks. Of special note, thanks to your efforts to highlight the importance of children being able to safely walk and bike to school, the Mayor has pledged to make safe routes to every school his first priority.
Our work as a grassroots advocacy coalition is just beginning. Now comes the fun part when we make sure streets are built to standards that transform Seattle into a leading beacon of safe and healthy streets for all.
Once again, you proved the power of neighbors who care. Thank you!
- Together we advocated for the most progressive transportation levy in Seattle’s history.
- Together we made safe routes to school the number one topic of discussion.
- Together we made thousands of calls, hosted press conferences, placed scores of yard signs, doorbelled across the city, donated, spread the word on our social networks, and waved signs.
- Together we passed a transformative levy by a strong margin.
- Together we won funding for safer streets for all.
-Cathy Tuttle, Executive Director Seattle Neighborhood Greenways