Summer Parkways is this Saturday September 12 in the Central District!
Over three miles of car-free streets and parks for you and your family to play on, walk and bike on!
Watch or take part in the Disaster Relief Trials, check out all day live music and food trucks, take lessons with Skate Like A Girl, and bring along your stuffed animal friends for Swedish Medical Kids Teddy Bear Clinic.
Join us, it’ll be fun!
Interested in going, but don’t want to ride alone down there? Group rides to Summer Parkways coming from all over Seattle!
South of the Ship Canal:
- Northwest African-American Museum (2300 S Massachusetts) – 10 a.m. (Leader: Merlin)
- Cal Anderson Park near the tennis courts (E Pine & Nagle Place) – 10 a.m. (Leader: Dharma)
- Julia Lee’s Park (E Harrison & Martin Luther King Jr. Way East) – 10 a.m. (Leader: Mike)
All rides are family-friendly with an easy pace, aiming to get to Garfield High School around 10:30 to decorate bikes and take part in the opening festivities. Please help spread the word!
North of the Ship Canal:
- Greenlake Village in the seating area between Menchies and PCC (NE 71st St & 5th Ave NE) – 8:45 a.m. (Leader: Glen)
- NE 77th & 20th Ave – 8:50 a.m. (Leader: Andres)
- NE 65th & 20th Ave (outside Ravenna Third Place Books) – 9:00 a.m. (Leader: Andres)
You can also choose to join when the “north” groups meet up in U-District at NE 50th & 12th Ave NE (on the University Greenway) around 9:20am, and from there head to down to the event.